Settlement of claims
Flexible claim resolution and claim management are two of our most important services. While resolving claims, we always maintain our clients’ interests, we guarantee correctness and timeliness of claims filing, and we assess claim events on regular basis.
Listed below are brief guidelines on how to proceed when various claim events occur.
- In the event that damage consequences must be removed or fixed immediately to prevent bigger damage, and it is not possible to ensure survey with the adjustor, it is necessary to document the event (take pictures, videos, witnesses’ testimonies).
- In the event of theft, robbery, or suspected crime, always report to Police of the Czech Republic.
- Report all damages to us without delay. Timely reporting is essential for organizing damaged property survey with the adjustor, and for filing a claim with the insurer.
Damages caused to third parties – liabilities
- If you cause damage to someone – do not without prior consultation with us: accept in writing any claims by the damaged party, conclude any agreements, or pay anything.
- Invite the damaged party to make his or her claim in writing, indicating why he or she believes you are liable for the damage, and where does he or she see your fault or negligence.
- Report any damage, even a negligible one, to us.
Damages on vehicles
- Report damages on vehicles to us without delay.
- Upon reporting a damage, we will organize a survey with the adjustor. Until such survey takes place, it is not possible to repair the damaged vehicle, nor interfere with the damaged objects in any manner.
- In case of a stolen vehicle or its parts, deliberate damage to a vehicle, or suspected crime, always report to Police of the Czech Republic.
What to do in case of traffic accident in the Czech Republic?
- If injury is involved, provide first aid, call ambulance and Police of the Czech Republic.
- Do not change vehicles’ positions, unless it is necessary in order to rescue injured persons, or to secure traffic.
- If possible, make pictures of the traffic situation and incurred damages.
- If material damage with high probability exceeds CZK 100,000, call Police of the Czech Republic.
- Also call Police of the Czech Republic in case of material damage to a third party property (e.g. parked vehicle, public lighting post, etc.). Vehicle owned by an employer or a leasing company is not considered a third party property, in case it is involved in a traffic accident.
- Sign the Police protocol only if you agree with its wording. Otherwise request prior to your signing that your reservations are added.
- Request from Police Officer a copy of Confirmation of participation in traffic accident, or at least its reference number, and note down which Police department carried out the investigation. In cases where the obligation to report to the police does not arise, it is required to write down a Protocol of traffic accident, and have it signed by accident participants. The protocol must identify the place and time of traffic accident, its participants and vehicles, its cause, progress, and consequences.
- We always recommend to fill out all possible data about a traffic accident and its participants to the form Report of Traffic Accident. Sign this form along with other accident participants, and hand it over to your contact person at International Insurance Brokers.
- If any of the participants refuses to sign the Report of Traffic Accident, we recommend to call Police of the Czech Republic.
What to do in case of traffic accident abroad?
- If injury is involved, provide first aid, call ambulance and Police.
- We recommend to sign police protocol, Report of Traffic Accident, or other written statement only if you agree with its wording. If it is not the case, add your own statement of the accident in Czech.
- Note down identification of the place and time of traffic accident, its and vehicles, its cause, progress, and consequences into the enclosed form Report of Traffic Accident.
- If another accident participant holds the same form in other language, these forms are identical. You can therefore translate its contents, point to point, based on your language version of the form.
- If possible, secure all evidence of the accident and damages (using a camera, or camcorder).
- Further information may be acquired from your insurer’s assistance service.
Let us know about the traffic accident, and hand over the filled out form Report of Traffic Accident.